Thursday, August 20, 2026

Week 2 Preseason: 49ers vs Chargers


-How many WR spots will De’Zhaun Stribling line up at -Alfred Collins pad level and anchor -Can Carver Willis be serviceable in pass pro -Will Jordan Watkins show any effort or effectiveness blocking or in the return game -Can Jacob Cowing hold off Will Pauling -Is Kaelon Black the first 3rd round Kyle pick back that looks the part -Can any safety put up decent tape -Will the pash rush show up at all tonight and from whom -Watch out for #18 Wesley Grimes in the 2nd half 

LT Austen Pleasants LG Carver Willis C Jake Brendel RG Connor Colby RT Colton McKivitz

Starting OL in front of Purdy

33 comments:

  1. Rookie Carver Willis will get the start at left guard for the 49ers tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The O line they are putting out there tonight does not bode well for Purdy or Black. My biggest hope tonight is BP makes it out alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Looking forward to watching the following players: Willis at L-OG, Black at RB, Marques Sigle at S, Halton at DT, Jaden Dugger at LB and Watkins at WR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stribling is going to be a joy to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carver Willis turns his man for Black. He's taking ownership of LG right before our eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put Stribling and Black in bubble wrap and open on Sept 1st. We have a couple of stars in the making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cosell knows a guy whose been in the league 35 years and likes Stribling over Lemon.

      Delete
  7. Al Collins will not remain a starter if he keeps getting pushed around. When he was drafted he was supposed to be a run stuffer and occasionally rush the QB. He's been MIA on both counts so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Willis out and Pleasant in at LG. Colby still at RG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We look much stronger against the run in this game versus last game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very happy for Cowing. ST Plays will go a long way in settling the 6th WR position between Cowing/Pauling/Grimes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Wallow and Cowing have cemented their spots on the 53 tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree on Cowing Coach.... I think Fred, Dre, Bethune, Gifford, Dugger, and Martin get the nod.

      Wallow gets a wink-wink Vet PS Squad deal. If you remember last year, Wallow joined us mid-year and not many teams wanted him.

      Delete
  12. I think Carver Willis just won the LG job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Other than the 2 missed TD catches, the 1st half looked good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. cornerback Renardo Green suffered a hamstring injury on a deep ball that knocked him out of the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Jakob Robinson.
    The Kid has sound Technique! Definite PS candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. RB Sincere McCormick looked like he could make the 53, and could get a
    chance to show the Raider they made a mistake cutting him.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cruz is a much better run blocker than pass blocker. I think he gets stashed away on PS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he was a 2 year project. Looks like he might be a 3 year.

      Delete
    2. Yeah won't be surprised if Cruz gets a mysterious injury in these next few days and goes on IR. ;)

      Normally 5th round picks don't get cut...and if they do, some team will scoop him up.

      Delete
  18. Special Teams Killing it... can't believe my eyes. Usually we are the one's who make our share of bone headed mistakes. Nice to see the reversal.

    Pinero has been so perfect! Glad to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I doubt that the 49ers will have the patience to wait for him to develop for 3 years. Three years means 3 draft. The 49ers will likely find some good talent for the oline on those drafts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stroman can't have that kind of brain fart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty good performance all things considered. The bad news is they lost 4 more players this week 3 to soft tissue injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mac Jones looked like Mac Jones of two years ago. Still the scheme on both sides of the ball is pretty vanilla. Defense played the run well last Nite I hope it continues through the whole season.

    ReplyDelete
  23. McCormick looks like he wants to stay on the team. That name reminds me of Mike McCormick on the SF Giants in the 1960's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UC,
      McCormick is a nice throwback name. The 1st SFG pitcher to win a Cy Young.

      Delete
  24. I like Nick Martin. But, I'd prefer to see Bethune get the lions share of snaps. From what I've seen, Bethune seems to be more extinctive at quickly reading a play than Martin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am in the minority here but I can't see how they can keep Wallow of the field if he continues to play at the level he played last night. I know he is not the sexy pick but I do think he is far more advanced than either Martin or Duggars. He kind of reminds me of Chris Borland he is just a play making machine.

      Delete

Week 2 Preseason: 49ers vs Chargers

-How many WR spots will De’Zhaun Stribling line up at -Alfred Collins pad level and anchor -Can Carver Willis be serviceable in pass pro -Wi...