The main things I’m looking at:
• How will the battle for the LG go?
• Will rookies De'Zhaun Stribling and Jaden Dugger continue to stand out?
• How will the secondary look in coverage against Justin Herbert?
• Fired up to hear how Brock Purdy does during the red zone period
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
The postseason is a year away. Win or lose the only thing they're playing for today is pride. Another opportunity to advertise your wo...
-
Good morning everyone and welcome to day 3 of the NFL draft. Let's take a look at who the 49ers were able to add on day 2: Drake Jacks...
-
Rehiring Robert Saleh. Signing Mac Jones as QB2. Switching from Moody to Eddy Pineiro. Aside from the draft and the starters designated t...

Will Romello Height's performance improve from last week?
ReplyDeleteNick Bosa, Christian McCaffrey, Kyle Juszczyk, Kurtis Rourke, and Malik Mustapha are NOT practicing today per Inman.
DeleteJim Harbaugh announced that he wants to meet Brock Purdy.
ReplyDelete"I want to shake his hand. ... I just like how cool he is."
“I want to meet Brock Purdy. Hopefully Kyle introduces him to me.”
I have nothing but respect for Jim Harbaugh, I hope Kyle does.
DeleteThis will be an excellent chance to see where the Niners are. We all know going up against a Harbaugh coached team will be tough outing. Add McDaniel and Herbert and it will be a really good matchup for preseason. I like both of these teams in the SB. (Baring major injuries)
ReplyDeleteYeah, the secondary was struggling, which isn’t surprising considering McDaniel and Herbert are tough for anyone to stop.
DeleteI'm keying in on Al Collins. He has to play better than Halton or he may have to start looking over his shoulder. Hopefully, K. Black could get in some game play action before the season starts.
ReplyDeleteK Black did return and was quite noticeable in a good way.
DeleteGreat.
DeleteThe 49ers have signed DL Evan Anderson to a one-year deal
ReplyDeleteIn order to make room on the roster, the 49ers waived/injured DL Titus Leo.
I will be looking at the run defense as a whole.
ReplyDelete"There were definitely some concerns coming out of today's practice, particularly with the secondary trying to contain Herbert and the Chargers' receivers. But the 49ers also had several encouraging performances, particularly from Purdy, Stribling, Black, Odighizuwa, and Warner. The 49ers, however, got exactly what they wanted from a joint practice: a difficult test that exposed some things they need to fix before the games start counting." -- Marc Adams
ReplyDeleteI've watched Herbert play since his days in Oregon. His game suffers when he is under pressure. I hope that that today's secondary concern wasn't for lack of pressure by the Dline.
ReplyDeleteBrown isn't very good at Safety.
ReplyDeleteAgree. I'm hoping that a contract year, will bring out the best in him.
DeleteIt all comes down to pass rush and from everything I have heard the 49ers had zero pressure today. It sounds like the Chargers dominated the 49ers today. It is important that the 49ers look much better Thurs. night. Especially when the ones are on the field. I see the 9ers D being pretty mediocre until both Bosa and Williams are on the field and playing at 100%
ReplyDeleteI agree with a lot of things you said Coach. But I think one underrated aspect which we should also consider is that for this secondary to gel, it is gonna take a while.
DeleteI think we will have our best secondary in years but it will become apparent only in November.
Jerry Gray is a very underrated hire, that we are not talking enough about.
Once Bosa is back out there with Osa the secondary will appreciate it.
Delete