Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Vincent Anthony Jr


 Taking a look at the rookie pass rusher the 49ers just added to their practice squad, he reminds me of Arden Key. 

Vincent Anthony Jr Arden Key

6'5 3/8" Tall 6'4 7/8" Tall

258 lbs. 238 lbs.

34 1/8th Arms 33 1/2" Arms

10" Hands 10" Hands

32.5" Vert 31" Vert

10'3" Broad Jump 9'9" Broad Jump

Both are long striders with adequate get off, good bend and elusiveness.

11 comments:

  1. 📊 The NFL's highest-graded offense each season over the last 10, per PFN's Offense Impact metric:

    2025: Rams - 90.2
    2024: Lions - 93.4
    2023: 49ers - 93.2
    2022: Chiefs - 89.9
    2021: Buccaneers - 87.7
    2020: Packers - 88.2
    2019: Ravens - 93.9
    2018: Chiefs - 93.7
    2017: Patriots - 90.5
    2016: Falcons - 93.6

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a guy I actually thought was well worth a flyer in the later rounds. I liked his frame and raw ability, but he will take some coaching up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice squad under Kocurek gives him his greatest opportunity to succeed and I'd imagine his agent advised him as such.

      Delete
  3. I've defended the 49ers approach at OG to some degree, but I really feel that what's transpired this TC shows they were wrong to not put greater priority on the position this offseason. They clearly went with a throw a bunch of darts at it and see what sticks approach. But they've now cut the FA they brought in to compete, have clearly lost faith in the guy they drafted last year, and are now having to put all their eggs in the basket of their day 3 rookie not because he's earned it, but because the other options have proven to not be capable.

    Maybe Willis ends up being great this year. But that's not the point - they gambled on having a bunch of guys compete with the idea the cream would rise. But they went cheap and what they've found so far is cheap can be nasty.

    Not the first time they've done this either, at a number of positions, and this is the way it has often gone. So it's also a case of not learning from history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scooter,
      I think you, I and AES all feel the same about the 9ers O line. It is not just LG that concerns me but i'm not too high on Brendel either. I had hoped they were going to use this year to train Willis at C and give him a full year in an NFL weight room. I'm afraid they will be the same O line they were last year. Good enough against Avg and mediocre defenses but over matched by top 7 D lines. Hopefully I am wrong.

      Delete
  4. Hopefully, Willis is the answer. But if not, the lack of due diligence at the position could come back to haunt them down the road. If Willis isn't ready, the 49ers will need to make a move at the trade deadline.
    It's a TBD situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Due diligence you say? Not sure anyone has invested more capital in their OL than Harbaugh and they're in the same boat at LG. The Chiefs? Can't draft and develop OL to save their lives. I want to see the product on the field and how it improves through the course of the season. You know this OL is returning 4 of 5 and continuity is the most valuable asset that position group can have.

      Delete
  5. Clemson LT Brayden Jacobs son of Brandon looks like a future top 5 pick as a freshman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they have a chance to be a top rushing offensive line this year IF Willis is able to hold onto the job at LG. That means he has to keep ascending week by week. It's a lot to ask of a rookie but we saw Puni do it and I think Foerster thought enough of Willis to believe he had what it takes to compete.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are ways they can protect Willis in pass pro too. Don't make the stupid penalties, the false starts, holding, putting yourselves in a hole. In the same vein, stay out of 3rd and long. Have we seen him next to Trent Williams yet? No, and that will help too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christian McCaffrey vs. Rams — Week 5, 2025:

    22 carries
    57 rushing yards
    8 receptions
    82 receiving yards
    139 total yards
    1 TD

    49ers win 26-23 in OT. That was without Kittle and Conner Colby at LG. Same OL this year.

    ReplyDelete

Vincent Anthony Jr

 Taking a look at the rookie pass rusher the 49ers just added to their practice squad, he reminds me of Arden Key.  Vincent Anthony Jr ...