Monday, July 27, 2026

Defensive Changes


Here’s how I think Raheem Morris will affect change to the 49ers defense: Base 4-3: LDE : Mykel LDT : Alfred RDT : West RDE : Bosa WILL : Greenlaw MIKE : Warner SAM : Dugger Then it’ll shift to this LDE : Dugger LDT : Mykel NOSE : West RDT : Alfred RDE : Bosa WILL : Greenlaw MIKE : Warner Or LDE : Mykel LDT : Alfred NOSE : West RDT : Bosa RDE : Dugger WILL : Greenlaw MIKE : Warner  

16 comments:

  1. Somewhere I read that Martin was being groomed for the third LB going forward..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds as if he'll get an opportunity to seize it.

      Delete
  2. Bethune showed some good instincts and effective tackling skills in his opportunities last year. I see him continue to have his share of snaps this season as a backup to Greenlaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I left him and Osa out, lol. The gist of the post is don't be surprised to see some 3-4 looks added to the scheme.

      Delete
  4. Bethune is a smidge taller than Greenlaw. I see Bethune as a strong backup to Greenlaw, but Martin could be in the picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, Coach.
    Speaking of Height, I was on a different wave link. I should have been a little more sharper in knowing that you were speaking on Romello Height, rather than Bethune' height.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Players not practicing today with injuries:

    OT Vederian Lowe has a high ankle sprain, will miss some time.

    DT Gracen Halton has a knee bone bruise.

    WR Christian Kirk dealing with a calf issue.

    DL Andrew Farmer has a back issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the defense holds together this team will be very difficult to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love nothing more than to see this defense assert itself and get back to dominating the line of scrimmage.

      Delete
    2. Raheem Morris is making much-needed updates to the defense, which has been overdue for some time. As offenses have evolved, the defense must adapt and respond.

      Delete
    3. @undercenter: Will it? I think they will be good but won't be in the same class as the Seahags or Lambs. Adding another edge I think would help a lot. There's some experienced decent edges out that wouldn't cost a lot. I think they have to go more "all in" like the Rams have.

      Delete
  8. Romello Height carted off....but looks like it is just cramps.

    He probably needs to put on another 10-15 lbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mug,
      At 25 yo and 6 different college strength programs I am not sure how much weight he can add

      Delete
  9. Mug,
    I hope that cramps are all it is. I'm expecting a very good rookie year from him.

    ReplyDelete

Defensive Changes

Here’s how I think Raheem Morris will affect change to the 49ers defense: Base 4-3: LDE : Mykel LDT : Alfred RDT : West RDE : Bosa WILL :...