Friday, October 2, 2026

Jake Brendel


 Highest pass block win rate this season:

(PFF min 75 pass snaps) Jake Brendel 97.8% Erik McCoy 97.3% Lane Johnson 97.2% Elgton Jenkins 97.1% Garett Bolles 97.0%

28 comments:

  1. The 49ers have more plays with 5 players out on routes than any team in the NFL, but Brock Purdy hasn't been sacked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unexpected. He must have changed his training somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, this makes me chuckle. The ones trashing Brendel year after year expect us to believe that all of a sudden, he got good. He was always good. Center for the #1 rushing OL in the league in '23. Then they'll say, but he was ass in '24. He played hurt for the majority of that year, and he's been available on game days 98.9% of the time.

      Delete
    2. He wasn't good in 2024 or the first half of 2025. Came good back half of last season. It was imo completely reasonable to be questioning him coming into the year.

      My reason for wanting to get Linderbaum this offseason was Brendel's age and whether injuries were catching up with him.

      Good to see he's come into the season healthy and playing well. At his best he's very capable playing in this system.

      Delete
  3. As good as Evans is and you've never associated him with being a diva. That is a very valuable asset to set the example for a young rookie like Stribling. Especially after the Aiyuk fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Highest % of drives ending in a TD through Week 3

    49ers 48.1%
    Bills 40.6%
    Cowboys 38.5%
    Lions 37.5%
    Jaguars 35.7%

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone else watching from the Kibbie Dome?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seattle has turned up the dial on its Blitz Rates in '26, increasing them from about 25% to 31% for this season. Last year, they were one of the league's most efficient blitzing teams, and they currently have the 9th-best EPA/play when blitzing (PFF).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rookie Denzel Boston is the only NFL player with multiple catches of 50+ yards so far in 2026. I had him over Cooper by a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. About time Brendal, going to be nice next draft won't have to worry about drafting a center...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maiocco just equated McKittrick with Foerster. Something I've been doing for years! I was calling Purdy Montana 2.0 2 years ago and now they're calling him a mobile Drew Brees, lmao!

      Delete
    2. UC,
      How much do you think the 49ers will be willing to pay Brendel this off season?

      Delete
    3. I think Purdy is closer to Peyton Manning than Drew Brees.

      Delete
    4. OldCoach, they aren't paying him. Have you seen what he can make on the open market?

      Delete
    5. Purdy reminded me of Joe Montana. A mobile highly intelligent field general!

      Delete
    6. OldCoach - I would pay him enough money to ensure that he will be with us next few years.

      Delete
    7. Not gonna happen. I don't see them ever paying market price for iOL.

      Delete
    8. He may do what Juice did, take less to keep himself on a Niner team.

      Delete
    9. Razor, I hold Joe Montana at the highest level of accomplishment, I think Purdy is smarter than Joe, I didn't say better just smarter.

      Delete
    10. I grew up watching Joe play in my backyard. Never forget when he went to Texas and upset the paper champs! I'll never put any qb above him but Purdy is a great addition to the tradition here in San Francisco!

      Delete
    11. UC, while that would be commendable, he's already done it since he's been here. He's been the best bang for buck center in the NFL for years! I wouldn't even ask him to do that. He deserves to hit F/A and get the biggest paycheck he can get, which I'd guess to be between $10-15M APY.

      Delete
  9. The Niners first offensive play of the Cardinal game the Niners had a penalty, the next two plays failed. So, as the story unfolds KS got pissed and called the hook and ladder...and history was made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jordan Faison WR Notre Dame is a player I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Purdy is a great addition to the tradition here in San Francisco!"

    Great addition, yes. A Montana? No. You know how I feel about SB wins. Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, all great QBs with HOF pedigree and countless awards. But, no SB wins. Purdy needs a SB win, to even stand in Montana's shadow, imho. I'm hoping that this is the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before there was a mobile Drew Brees there was Joe Montana, and I've been using Joe Montana 2.0 since '23 to describe what I've seen from Purdy. Based on that, it's my opinion you won't be able to keep using that qualifier for much longer.

      Delete
    2. Super Bowl trophies are my qualifiers and standard. Teams that don't have that standard, well, they just don't qualify.

      Delete
  12. Sure, would've been nice to see Bosa go against McGlinchey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Virginia OT #52 McKale Boley (6-5, 325) vs FSU. Having a great year.

    🔸Dad played LB in the NFL 9 seasons
    🔸2500+ snaps of experience
    🔸Disciplined technique & no penalty

    ReplyDelete

Backend Improvements