Friday, September 25, 2026

I Got You Covered


 

36 comments:

  1. Bosa might be out for a while even the season per Jenifer Lee Chan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I'm very pessimistic about what this outcome could be," Lee Chan said in a Sept. 24 livestream on her YouTube channel. "… "It doesn't feel good. My spidey sense is saying that this is a serious injury for Nick Bosa, and if he's not out for the season, he's out for multiple weeks"

      Delete
    2. Hopefully, it doesn't keep him on the shelf for more than a few weeks.

      Delete
  2. Last night’s game showed just how crucial the running game can be. Atlanta ran the ball effortlessly and shut down the Packers’ ground attack. The Packers couldn’t run the ball or stop Atlanta from running it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a great RB in B. Robinson and their OL opened some nice lanes for him. But, I felt that GBs bad offensive showing kept their defense on the field much longer than they should have been. Heck, by the 2nd half, even Brian Robinson was running with success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niners offense will allow them to win shootouts if it comes down to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the 49ers SB chances done for 26? Down goes Bosa, down goes Bosa. Calf muscle could be multiple weeks. Something rotten is happening in Santa Clara. When will this team/coach/GM step up and do something

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coach,
      I said before TC that the 49ers can't count on Bosa staying healthy. At this point, whenever Bosa can contribute, I view it as a plus.
      But, the 49ers did make an effort to mitigate the possibility of another NB injury by drafting along the DL. I have confidence that Height and White will be able to disrupt QBs. Mykel is a few weeks away from playing again as well. Gracen is already a handful for opponents OL. I believe that the 49ers shielded themselves well with young and FA signings on the DL.

      Delete
    2. AES, you were spot on, too. Coming back from another ACL it was always a strong chance he'd miss some time this year, and may not be quite the same player for a while.

      Same with Mykel, when he returns.

      It's part of why adding Osa, Height and Halton was so important.

      But now I think would be an opportune time to add a low cost vet like Van Noy, or even Leonard Floyd who they've apparently shown interest in bringing back.

      Delete
    3. Bosa sustained the injury while warming up. Rightly or wrongly that is not a good look for the already maligned training staff. If I were in charge, I would definitely rotate the training staff this off season. Look how much better special teams got when they finally decided to change the special team's coach. Could it really hurt to perhaps poach some staff from other teams that seem to have a better record. I'm talking mostly here about non-contact injuries, like the one that Bosa just sustained.

      Delete
    4. Cubus, when you get injured it isn't unusual at all for you to have a setback injury coming back from it. Has to be tested out to see if it can withstand the rigors. We just got to hope that he'll recover enough to come back and help us because after Purdy, Bosa is the most important player on the team. Yes, even over Fred Warner.

      Delete
  6. The 49ers play the Falcons on the road in week 7. I'll be keeping a distant eye on Atlanta' defense to see if their run defense is really what I saw last night when they shutdown GBs running game to only 17 yards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Packers were missing 2 maybe 3 starting O-line players.

      Delete
  7. You might be right, UC. They're OL looked horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Van Noy is the best bang for buck pass rusher available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did he not stick around with Minnesota?

      Delete
    2. I think the Vikings are elevating him from their practice squad, likely so they don't lose him.

      Delete
  9. If a player is on the practice squad and picked up by another team, does he have to go? If he has the choice to stay what then happens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does he have to go? Yes, but the acquiring team must keep him on their 53 for at least 3 weeks.

      Delete
    2. I don't believe that is entirely correct razor. I believe the player can say no and choose to stay on the PS of the current team.

      Delete
    3. So Scooter then a injured player can be placed on the practice squad and say no...gentlemen's handshake?

      Delete
    4. Under the 2026 NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, a player on a practice squad cannot refuse to leave if another team tries to sign him.

      Delete
    5. Imagine the shitshow if a player were allowed to refuse. There'd be a shit ton of "gentlemen's handshakes" that's for sure, lol.

      Delete
    6. I can't seem to find anything that corroborates that Razor.

      Delete
    7. No one is his right mind would refuse.

      Per Google Gemini 3.6 Flash,
      Q. in the nfl, what is the salary for a practice squad player in 2026?
      A. Players with 2 or fewer accrued seasons: season total $247,500
      A. Players with more than 2 accrued seasons: season total $330,300 to $411,300

      Q. in the nfl, what is the league minimum salary for a player on a 53 man roster?
      A. For the 2026 NFL season, under the league's Collective Bargaining Agreement, the active roster minimum scales upward automatically depending on a player's number of "credited seasons."
      0 Years (Rookies) $885,000
      1 Year $1,005,000
      2 Years $1,075,000
      3 Years $1,145,000
      4–6 Years $1,215,000
      7+ Years $1,300,000

      Delete
    8. That's my understanding. The reason players agree is the financial benefits are significant, plus greater security and opportunity. But as far as I am aware the player can say no if they so choose. It definitely was that way in the past - if that's no longer the rule then it's a fairly recent change.

      Delete
  10. I knew sex sells but I didn't know doom and gloom were such big sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lowest pressure to sack rate this season
    (min 10 pressures)

    Brock Purdy 0.0% (0/15)
    Jayden Daniels 4.2% (1/24)
    Matt Stafford 6.3% (1/16)
    Jaxson Dart 7.7% (1/13)
    Dak Prescott 9.1% (2/22)
    Daniel Jones 9.1% (2/22)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a grade 2 calf strain. Likely out 3-4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bosa has had 3 ACL surgeries and core muscle surgery. That is a lot for any athlete to overcome and play at an elite level, yet he has been able to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Colby Is Gouda

“Your initial reaction when you’re told you’re not playing anymore is, ‘Oh, s—, I kind of blew this opportunity.'"  I'm sure Co...