Saturday, September 26, 2026

Colby Is Gouda


“Your initial reaction when you’re told you’re not playing anymore is, ‘Oh, s—, I kind of blew this opportunity.'" I'm sure Colton McKivitz can relate but on a much bigger scale. 

13 comments:

  1. Kyle Shanahan on having a lot more confidence in his offensive line than the public had over the years:

    “I don’t understand why people say that. I think our Oline has played at a very high level these last few years. We’ve always protected our quarterback very well. We’ve been able to run the ball well. I’ve been real happy with our Oline.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 49ers have started 3-0, 10 times. SF made the playoffs in 8 of them.

    The only times SF started 3-0 and didn’t go were 1952 & 1980.

    SF has a perfect playoff conversion streak for every 3-0 start over the last 40+ years (1984, 1989, 1990, 1995, 1998, 2019, 2023, and 2025).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, would like to see it play out that way this season. But, my standard is just not playoffs, it's a SB win.
    That has been the 49ers Standard since the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So when they don’t win a SB how do you view the season?

      Delete
    2. Close, but no cigar. With a "maybe next year" mindset, like the last 30 years.

      Delete
  4. Right now, I’m not too worried about the offense. My main focus is on whether the defense can stop the run and get off the field. Injuries on both sides of the ball feel like a bigger threat than the actual opponents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niners OL is the only one in the NFL that hasn't given up a sack yet.

      Delete
    2. I saw that. We will see how good that line is when we play Denver and Seattle. Good time of year to go to Seattle.

      Delete
    3. Fall like crisp air like it is here?

      Delete
  5. Anyone watch the Texas game? I wonder what Lou Holtz would've done after Simmons' sack celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 49ers placed Demarcus Robinson on injured reserve. They also signed Viliami Fehoko Jr. to the active roster and activated Sebastian Valdez and Kevin Givens from the practice squad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgia's LB Chris Cole looks like a 1st round talent to me. Coverage, GTFO and Range.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 49ers worked out EDGE Matt Judon, LB Jamin Davis, DE Dawuane Smo and DE Julian Okwara, per RapSheet.

    ReplyDelete

Week 3: Cardinals vs 49ers

The 49ers will beat the Cardinals 30-16 Predictions: • Purdy: 290 yards passing, 3 TD • CMC: 110 total yards • Black: 40 yards rushing • De...