Monday, September 7, 2026

A Message To The Faithful

 

A new season is upon us, Faithful.

You know what that means. Time for the team to see how many members of the fan base they can send to the doctor for increased blood pressure. (I kid …sort of.)

If we are to believe the “experts”, there will be several visits because many of them are projecting the 49ers to be worse than they were in 2025.

One of their reasons is that the 49ers roster is old.

An odd conclusion, because the team they’re expecting to hoist the Lombardi Trophy in February, the Los Angeles Rams, is around the same age as the 49ers.

Actually, they’re slightly older on average than the 49ers, but I digress.

Sure, there are still some areas of concern for the 49ers. They need to stay healthy, and LG and the two safety positions are a case of throwing something at the wall and hoping it sticks.

But the receiving corps and RB room are shaping up to be the best group the 49ers have put together, and I’m anticipating that Brock Purdy will take another step forward this season, with the latter resulting in the pundits downplaying what he has done for the team once again. (We all know it’s coming.)

The defense will be markedly better thanks to the additions of DT Osa Odighizuwa to the DL and DB Jack Jones to push Renardo Green, along with the return of Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw in the LB room.

Looking at the schedule, I see potential losses against the following:

Broncos in Week 4

Cowboys in Week 10

Seahawks in Week 12

Rams in Week 14

Chiefs in Week 16

The schedule looks like a gauntlet this season, and the oddsmakers are counting the 49ers out, having them lose more games than I’m predicting.

However, it’s when the 49ers are counted out that they tend to stomp a hole in those doomsday predictions.

Only this time, they have the pieces to capture the franchise’s elusive sixth Lombardi trophy.

Get excited Faithful.  

6 comments:

  1. I think the 49ers will start the season off with a win.

    49ers 28
    Rams 18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since 2020, San Francisco has made four NFC Championship Games and two Super Bowl appearances. I have them making another this year and it starts with a win in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with 10-11 wins. Still many questions and variables in a long season. But, these reasons don't diminish my excitement for the new season.
    Also, I will keep my blood pressure meds within reach during games, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 6 major concerns that keep me from jumping on the early season band wagon.
    #1 LG
    #2 DE
    #3 S
    #4 Health
    #5 Health
    #6 Health
    If they can successfully deal with #s 4 through 6 I think they have a chance to go as far as the NFCCG






    #5 Health
    #6 Health

    ReplyDelete
  5. DT James Thompson Jr. is only 49ers player on the 53 not in a helmet during early open portion of practice.

    DE Nick Bosa, TE George Kittle, RB Christian McCaffrey all in full uniform. Injury report will tell us more on their level of participation.

    ReplyDelete

A Message To The Faithful

  A new season is upon us, Faithful. You know what that means. Time for the team to see how many members of the fan base they can send t...