Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Passing Of The Torch
At one point in the game Brock Purdy had to encourage Coach Shanahan to make up his mind and get the play call to him. This made me realize ...
-
Good morning everyone and welcome to day 3 of the NFL draft. Let's take a look at who the 49ers were able to add on day 2: Drake Jacks...
-
I saw him yesterday at his press conference. Shanny's ego was on hand. The so called "genius" that passed on Mahomes and Wats...
-
2025 NFL Draft Safety Rankings: Starks ———— Winston Jr. Nwankpa ———— Watts ———- Barron Rod ——— Keon Sabb Lathan Ransom Billy Bo...

I am not counting on Bosa for this game or for the year. This sport is unforgiving and you have to treat these knees with delicate care. I hope I am wrong, but this is not looking good. No Bosa makes getting to the SB extremely difficult.
ReplyDeleteNo trust in The Bosa Plan?
DeleteGot to see him practice a little and play continuously.
DeleteNick Bosa and George Kittle are BOTH expected to play Week 1 Vs the Rams, per John Lynch.
DeleteNick Bosa on being ready for the opener
ReplyDelete“that’s all you need to know papas π”
I'm fine with Bosa and Kittle making the trip based on their physical progress. The team has a practice this morning, but they will also be practicing in Australia leading up to the game. Official word on Bosa and Kittle playing against the Rams may not come until next week.
ReplyDeleteOffensive points per game last year.
ReplyDelete1) Los Angeles Rams, 29.6 oppg
2) Detroit Lions, 27.8
3) Buffalo Bills, 27.1
4) Indianapolis Colts, 27.0
T-5) Dallas Cowboys, 26.6
T-5) New England Patriots, 26.6
7) Jacksonville Jaguars, 26.2
8) Seattle Seahawks, 25.5
9) San Francisco 49ers, 25.3
10) Chicago Bears, 25.1
As bad as they were hurt last year the offensive performance was still very good.
Shanahan is an offensive wizard!
DeleteIn our division, the 49ers need to be better than good, because the Rams and Seahawks are both better. While the 49ers should be better with key players returning. The Rams have certainly become better (on defense) with Garrett and Donald. The jury is still out on Seattle after Walker moved in. But, they are the reigning champ's until they aren't. There are still many questions, yet to be answered which makes this season very intriguing.
ReplyDeleteAlso back at practice for 49ers today:
ReplyDeleteWR Mike Evans
FB Kyle Juszczyk
DB Ephesians Prysock
π Only starter not practicing today is Renardo Green
ReplyDeleteπ Only offensive player not practicing today is Jacob Cowing
Cowing, I've read, is supposed to have a hip flexor strain. If so and it's "Grade 1," his recovery might take 2-3 weeks.
DeleteAccording to my browser's AI program:
A hip flexor strain is an injury involving the stretching or tearing of the muscles located at the front of the hip, primarily the iliopsoas and rectus femoris. These muscles are responsible for lifting the knee toward the body and bending the hip.
Causes: Strains typically result from overuse, sudden explosive movements (like sprinting or kicking), or rapid increases in training intensity.
Location: Pain is usually felt in the front of the hip or upper thigh, often in the crease where the leg meets the torso.
Symptoms: Common signs include sharp pain, stiffness, swelling, tenderness, and weakness when lifting the leg or climbing stairs.
Grades and Recovery:
Strains are categorized into three grades based on severity:
Grade 1 (mild micro-tears), Grade 2 (partial tear with moderate pain), and Grade 3 (complete rupture).
Recovery typically ranges from 2–3 weeks for mild strains to several months for severe tears, involving rest, physical therapy, and gradual return to activity.
DE Nick Bosa about his timeline for recovery in this camp. He gave a detailed answer about ramping up too quickly and dealing with patella issues. Here's his full response:
ReplyDelete"I'm not going to go back too far because every recovery there's ups and downs, but it was a long road. There's some stuff I dealt with, with that patella tendon, and then I kind of ramped it a little too fast with the football stuff a month ago or whatever it was. And that kind of told me to back off. I've just been trying to get it as strong and myself as confident as I can to where I could rip the bandaid off and go to team stuff today. Because once you get into team, there's no reservations, there's no compensation, like there's no governor. So yeah, I felt that today. I remember my last ACL, there was a couple moments where you just have to go and you're kind of hoping for the best. Obviously it's not going to be like anything crazy is going to happen, but you hope that your body is going to respond the way that you prepared it to. And there's a couple moments today where that happened. So I'm just going to try and keep building, not get too up about it, but it was a great day."
For those wondering about the patella when it was an ACL; both latest repairs were done by using grafts from the patella tendon.
DeleteLooks like Colby won LG over Willis as I look at the final depth chart. Go Conner go and congrats!
ReplyDeleteYikes. The guy they removed from the starting LG spot during TC due to poor play ends up "winning" the competition...
DeleteThat is a little concerning, because I thought, along with some here that the job was Willis's to lose. Apparently, this position still looks to be in flux. I really don't care whether it's Colby or Willis, as long as whoever it is, can play well enough to lock it up going forward.
ReplyDeleteYep, may the best man be out there!
ReplyDeleteNiners brought in McKinley Jackson in for a look.
Offensive Line Unit Ranks for 2026 (Via Mike Clay ESPN)
ReplyDelete1. Broncos
2. Eagles
3. Bears
4. Rams
5. Ninersπ
I agree, that the best man should win. But is that man currently on the team? Almost a week before the start of the season to determine who the best man is, concerns me. It seems like the consensus leading up to the draft was that the 49ers should draft high on Oline. Willis was a 4th rd pick. Hopefully, he, or Colby become stalwarts along the Oline. But if don't, Lynch and Shanahan may need to change their philosophy on drafting Olinemen.
ReplyDeleteDidn't need to draft high per se - could have looked at FA or trade. But they went cheap on the vet additions and waited to draft an OG until day 3, so can't be too surprised they haven't had a player actually win the job, so much as be given it through lack of better alternatives.
DeleteThe trade deadline will reveal whether Colby or Willis are safe.
ReplyDeleteThis OL and their PROVEN philosophy (2 SB appearances) are going to be tested right out of the gates against the dream team of defensive lines and the NFL SB favorites! I can't wait....
ReplyDeleteBarring injury, I find it hard to believe they will be any worse than last year, as it is 4 returning starters and the LG position last year was awful anyway. Plus Puni was playing hurt most of the year.
DeleteBy some metrics/ judges, the OL was pretty good last year as well. Shanahan and co clearly think the lack of explosives in the run game had more to do with the perimeter players than the OL, and there's certainly a good argument as to why that was likely the main issue.
Hopefully having an OL roughly the same as last year plus improved weapons to stretch the field/ provide perimeter blocking will be all the team needs to be a top passing and running offense this year.
I can't wait either. But, the 49ers will have their work cut out for them facing these teams twice this season. I always have new season excitement. Hopefully, I feel the same by game 12 and beyond.
ReplyDeleteStribling, Height, and Cruz all sons of Marines. I too am a son of a Marine as well as a Marine. This is encouraging news as the road to accomplishment can't be reached unless you cross the bridge of discipline.
ReplyDelete"This is encouraging news as the road to accomplishment can't be reached unless you cross the bridge of discipline."
ReplyDeleteGreat perspective, Razor!
DL Sam Okuayinonu will not travel on the team charter tonight to Melbourne, the 49ers announced. He is listed as questionable for the opener against the Rams due to a foot injury.
ReplyDelete