Saturday, August 15, 2026

Passing Situations


This graph shows how often 2025 QBs were in obvious passing situations and their EPA on those plays. 

27 comments:

  1. The NFL’s new highest paid CB at $33M per year in new money: Devon Witherspoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the Mike Evans VS Devon Witherspoon match up when the 9ers play Seattle....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $18M for Lenoir seems like highway robbery.

      $14M for Evans vs $33M Witherspoon.

      Delete
    2. Razor
      Looks good to me, especially if leaves enough cap space to make this come true?
      * 49ers engage in Vita Vea trade talks with Buccaneers. It appears the 49ers are trying to turn their rumored interested in trading for Vea a reality.
      * Rumors surrounding a trade reached their peak when Vea's agent, Collin Roberts, said the contract saga between his client and the Buccaneers would almost certainly result in a departure.
      "I just don't see it ending in anything but a trade at this point," Roberts told the Tampa Bay Times earlier this month.
      MAKE IT HAPPEN JL!

      Delete
    3. You really think the 49ers have genuine interest in trading for Vea? Seems DE is the bigger need than iDL, but boy, the thought of Height/Osa/Vea/Bosa on obvious passing downs in very tempting.

      Delete
    4. Razor I'd like to think so, If Valentina Martinez is a believable source?
      49ers engage in Vita Vea trade talks with Buccaneers
      https://sports.yahoo.com/articles/49ers-engage-vita-vea-trade-002749977.html

      Delete
    5. Razor
      Looks like Mike Garafolo also provided an update on Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Vita Vea, revealing that the 9ers are among the teams that have inquired about his availability.
      49ers inquired about Vita Vea while Buccaneers insist they aren’t trading him
      https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/202342-49ers-inquired-buccaneers-insist-trading/
      Whats the old adage, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

      Delete
  3. Whether Vea is traded or the Bucs keep him, the question comes down to what kind of money is Vita asking for?
    According to reports, he is currently making $17,750mil per year. As this could be his last big contract, I would not be surprised if he is asking somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-24mil.
    Question to you guys. What do think the Bucs would ask for in a trade scenario?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AES
      If we're to believe the Bucs decide to trade him....
      My understanding is, The 9ers (or any acquiring team) would take over the remainder of his current deal. Vea is in the final year of his extension, carrying an $18 million base salary for the season.

      Delete
    2. AES
      You could ask Scooter or Razor to verify if that's accurate?

      Delete
    3. Doubt Vea would play without a new contract. You'd probably need to give up a 3rd and Collins to make it happen and then sign him at $25M APY to a 3-year deal.

      Delete
    4. Razor
      Can the 9ers afford to pay Vits $25M APY and still cover Bosa's $54M+ for 2027 as well as Purdy's $30M+ ???

      Delete
    5. The money really isn't an issue as long as they don't change the void years rule. If they really wanted him, they could make it work.

      Delete
  4. At the moment Niners don't need Vea or anybody else. All the Niners need to do is stop the doggone run and they will go very deep in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about Von Miller? Use him as a situational pass rusher.

      Delete
    2. If Niners don't have to give up a draft pick, then I will rescind my thoughts. This team as is can go to the SB I really hate to see them give up much for something they don't really need.

      Delete
    3. Miller's a F/A. I heard him say he could roll out of bed and get 8 sacks.

      Delete
    4. UC
      If I recall, you said "So far can't stop the run. Understood it's the Titans one's versus the two's, still."
      * Do you agree that Vea would eliminate that problem?

      Delete
    5. With Vea teams wouldn't be able to run and he'd protect Warner and Greenlaw. If you can get him for a 3rd and a player and he agrees to a number you're comfortable with, you gotta pull the trigger.

      Delete
    6. Yep, I agree.
      The Rams are all in to win a SB this year!
      The Seahawks are the defending SB champion!
      IMO, If the 9er FO still believes that "the franchise's sole standard and expectation is winning Super Bowls," they'll do whatever it take to sign Vea.

      Delete
    7. Yes, Geep I have said that many times all the Niners have to do is stop the run, would Vea help, probably, like I say Niners already have what it takes to win. If I am going to mortgage the future, then I would go after Crosby. (Raiders won't do business with Niners). I stand pat and play the hand that is before me. The Niners are going to put up lots of points that in itself will help force teams out of their run game.

      Delete
  5. KC Concepcion, De’Zhaun Stribling, Caleb Douglas, Malachi Fields, Denzel Boston, Germie Bernard… long list of rookie wideouts already making plays in preseason action. I never had Cooper over Concepcion or Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6-7, 317, Alabama’s LT, Jackson Llyod benches 505, squats 760 and vertical jumps 33 inches. Comes in at #13 on Feldman's Freaks List:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang! He's a definitely a kid to keep an eye on.

      Delete
  7. De’Zhaun Stribling already getting the vet WR treatment during the special teams period. Like Mike Evans, Stribling works with 49ers assistant Andrew Hayes-Stoker individually. Hayes-Stoker coached Evans in Tampa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Razor
    Reviewing the 9er grades against the Titans, Austen Pleasants, LT = 80.9 (44 snaps) was a "pleasant (Pun intended) surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Passing Situations

This graph shows how often 2025 QBs were in obvious passing situations and their EPA on those plays.