Saturday, August 29, 2026

Cutdown Tracker























 The 49ers are releasing Adrian Martinez, and are going with Kurtis Rourke as QB3, per Rapoport.

43 comments:

  1. That sounds good. Rourke could be Purdy's backup next year after Mac moves on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing teams are reaching out to the 49ers LB room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell me the source is not Florio, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pay any attention to Florio and friends. I'm hearing from boots on the ground.

      Delete
  4. I have been raving about Rourke since the 49ers drafted him. I would not be shocked if they don't have a QB controversy on their hands in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easily the best QB room in the entire NFL. Razor do you think the 49ers would be willing to trade Jones around week 7 to 9 if a team were to offer a 2nd and 5th or 6th in the 27 draft?

      Delete
    2. If Shanahan believes Jones is a starting qb in the NFL I doubt he'd trade him for anything less than a 1st in a normal draft year. This draft is heralded as special so he might take that 2nd and change.

      Delete
    3. Just saw the Dolphins are waiving QB Cam Miller, leaving Miami with a need at No. 2 QB. I wonder....

      Delete
    4. Trade: Packers are sending QB Kyle McCord to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for a 2028 6th-round pick, per Schefter.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I never believed Kittle would be on the plane to Australia. I think Coach was referring to the "setback" in that regard and not a medical setback.

      Delete
  6. I don't see Bosa, Mykel, and maybe Kittle back until game 4. But, even then, it may take them until game 6 to get full use of their bodies back for contact.
    All the 49ers need to do is hold down the fort until the infantry shows up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling there might be some mind games at play here. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow who’s practicing and who’s not.

      Delete
  7. OL Isaac Alarcón is expected back to the teams' practice squad as the International Player Pathway exemption following his release, per Maiocco.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brunskill released. Do the Chargers grab him up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 49ers waived TE Khalil Dinkins with hopes for a practice squad return, per Fowler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaron Donald is coming out of retirement on a 1-year, $20M deal with playoff incentives up to $30M, per Schefter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 49ers release Deion Jones and the Saints released White.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 49ers are releasing veteran interior OL Rob Jones per Rapoport.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 49ers waive LB Jalen Graham per Barrows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 49ers have traded for Texans IOL Jarrett Patterson, per Rapoport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Razor
      Will Patterson’s addition mean the end for Drake Nugent, or Connor Colby?

      Delete
    2. It means the 49ers have a broken Toth they needed to replace, as in backup center. A role they've already expressed they'd like to keep on the bench to avoid exposing both players, Brendel and backup center to injury.

      Delete
  15. The 49ers waived DB Patrick McMorris, per source.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 49ers are moving running back Isaac Guerendo (pec) to reserve/PUP, per source, ruling him out for the first four games of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The 49ers waived S Jalen Stroman.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The 49ers released LB Quinton Bell, per Schefter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chiefs released veteran defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ravens are expected to release OLB Adisa Isaac. This is the guy who I think would fit Morris' scheme and help out the pass rush.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The 49ers released WR wide KhaDarel Hodge, per Barrows.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If the 49ers aren't totally sold on Willis how long will it take to get Patterson up to speed. I say game 2.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Undrafted rookie James Thompson Jr. made the 49ers' initial roster, per source.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hearing that LB Tatum Bethune also made the 49ers' initial roster, a question mark when he played into the third quarter in Thursday's preseason finale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah didn't make sense to me why we would let someone go who has 2 more years left on rookie contract, has started games for us and is a legitimate backup.

      Delete
  25. Giants are releasing OL Evan Neal, the former No. 7 overall pick!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Christian Kirk and Austen Pleasants will start the year on IR with designation to return.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 49ers placed DL Mykel Williams on PUP.

    ReplyDelete
  28. 49ers news talk reporting 33 players released or waived. Valdez and Larry Worth III didn't make the roster. Weeks and Waitman both released. Hope they have deals with them in place.

    https://x.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/2094196806716727535?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

    ReplyDelete

49ers Initial 53