Sunday, August 16, 2026

2026 53-Man Roster Projection















QB: Purdy, Jones, Rourke (3)

RB: CMC, Kaelon Black, Jordan James, Patrick Taylor Jr., Isaac Guerendo (PUP) (4)

FB: Juice (1)

WR: Evans, Stribling, Deebo, Robinson, Watson, Pauling (6)

TE: Jake Tonges, Luke Farrell, Kittle (PUP) (2) 

LT: Williams, Lowe (2)

LG: Jones, Willis (2)

C: Brendel, Toth (2)

RG: Puni, Colby (2)

RT: McKivitz, Cruz (2)

DE: Bosa, Williams (PUP), Keion White, Romello Height, Sam Okuayinonu (4)

DT: Osa Odighizuwa, Alfred Collins, CJ West, Gracen Halton, James Thompson Jr. (5)

LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Jaden Duggar, Nick Martin, Tatum Bethune, Luke Gifford (6)

CB: Deommodore Lenoir, Renardo Green, Upton Stout, Jack Jones, Ephesians Prysock (5)

S: Ji’Ayir Brown, Marques Sigle, Malik Mustapha, Ashtyn Davis (4)

Kicker: Eddy PiƱeiro

Punter: Corliss Waitman

Long snapper: Jon Weeks

Kick returner: Samuel,Watkins

Punt returner: Watkins, Pauling

9 comments:

  1. Looks good, Razor.
    My only surprise is Cruz. I thought that his best chance was to be stashed away on PS. Halton and Thompson have had good TC's, and Halton could be breathing down Collins' and West' neck sooner than later. At any rate, the young players are making their presence known.
    Guerendo can still be a factor if he makes a good injury recovery.
    All and all, nice looking roster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the plan with Cruz is to give him as many meaningful reps throughout 2 seasons as possible in the hope he develops into their LT.

      Delete
  2. Other than Puni I am out to lunch on guards. I think Worth makes this team not sure about Martin or Gifford. Your list looks good. It's a real good team - on paper that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said before camp Pauling would make the roster over Cowing.

      Willis has the biggest upside if the competitions close due to his elite run blocking. All he needs is NFL S&C to strengthen his base in pass pro.

      Delete
    2. No issues with Pauling, but the guards after Puni are a concern. Still, with so much firepower on offense, I think they can overcome a poor to average LG. I’d start the LG who’s the best at pass blocking—it’s more important to protect Purdy than to count on him for run assignments.

      Delete
    3. Are you of the opinion that Shanahan has changed his playbook from being predicated on the run game to a passing offense?

      Delete
    4. I ask because I'm seeing more and more people say this is the case, but I believe it was because they couldn't run the ball last year. Likely tied to not having a proven X WR that defenses had to account for.

      Delete
  3. Every 49ers QB over the years has been successful when the running game has been a force. Purdy will be a happy camper with a good running game leading the march.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shanahan offense has always been predicated on running the football first and foremost.

      Delete

2026 53-Man Roster Projection

QB: Purdy, Jones, Rourke (3) RB: CMC, Kaelon Black , Jordan James, Patrick Taylor Jr., Isaac Guerendo (PUP) (4) FB: Juice (1) WR: Evans, Str...