Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Caught In The Middle


 

13 comments:

  1. As rookies begin their battle for roster spots, here’s how often draft picks have made the team that selected them over the past five seasons:

    3rd round: 100%
    4th: 99.4%
    5th: 94.4%
    6th: 81.4%
    7th: 70.8%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that "making the team" includes the P.S.

      Delete
  2. The 49ers signed DL Quinton Bell and DL K.J. Henry. They waived/injured DL William Bradley-King and DL Andrew Farmer II.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly hope that Romello' reported cramps are not something more serious. The timing of these players being signed almost a couple of days after Height left the practice field gives me pause. I hope I'm wrong to feel this way. Seeing Romello back on the field soon could definitely answer my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To recap 49ers injuries through TWO days of practice

    Vederian Lowe- high ankle sprain
    Christian Kirk- calf strain
    Gracen Halton- knee bone bruise
    Andrew Farmer- back
    Ricky Pearsall- knee
    Jordan James- ribs
    Malik Mustapha- hamstring

    SMH...gonna be a long training camp/preseason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WR Ricky Pearsall has knee swelling that the 49ers say is related to the PCL injury he had last season. He’s being evaluated. He is not practicing today. Stribling can take WR2.

      Delete
    2. I am a big Pearsall fan but his continue problems have led me to believe he can't be counted on.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it is a pity. Pearsall is one of the best route runners we have. But his body doesn't seem to cooperate with being the WR that goes up the middle and takes contested catches.

      Opened the door for Cowing or Watkins.
      I also like the Undrafted WRs we have, Grimes and Pauling in particular.

      Delete
    4. I agree that Pearsall can't be counted on this season. Anything you get from him this year will be a bonus. I see surgery as his immediate future.

      Delete
  5. Before TC I questioned who would be the starters at L-OG, FS, SAM LB, WR #2 and RB #2. The first 2 days of TC its been Connor Colby at L-OG, Brown at S, and Nick Martin at SAM LB. With WR Pearsall and Kirk out with injuries, Rookie WR De’Zhaun Stribling has looked good. It's also possible RB Jordan James is hurt, giving Black an opportunity. How long this continues, could determine who the starters and #2 RB
    and #2 WR are....May the best man win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the questions asked about 9er DC Morris, was would he incorporate using a LB to drop down as an edge/5th man rusher? * LB Quinton Bell fits Morris's hybrid five-man front. At 6' 4" X 253 pounds, and sub-4.5s 40, Bell possesses the size and sideline-to-sideline speed needed to walk down to the line of scrimmage as an edge/5th rusher or drop into coverage.
    * Morris also likes to use a player that fits the STAR Position. An elite hybrid athlete who can play a nickel/slot role, lock down slot receivers in man coverage, execute zone drops, crash downhill to fill gaps in the run game, and occasionally blitz the QB. IMO, DB Upton Stout is a candidate to fill that roll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First play of team period was a forced fumble on Christian McCaffrey run up the middle

    Dre Greenlaw recovered it to the house — I suspect Fred Warner punched it out.

    A solid practice by Brock Purdy, who I had as 14-of-18 in team situations. DeMarcus Robinson, Deshaun Stribling and Jordan Watkins stood out at different points.

    Kurtis Rourke also looked sharp, including on a back-shoulder throw to Watkins. I had him at 5-of-5.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacob Cowing hauls in a 70 yard bomb over Jack Jones off a Brock Purdy scramble drill 🔥

    ReplyDelete

Caught In The Middle