Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
EPA
Shoup was ruminating about Jimmy G's EPA being just as good as Brock Purdy's. This chart shows that was not the case.
-
The postseason is a year away. Win or lose the only thing they're playing for today is pride. Another opportunity to advertise your wo...
-
SF is one game back of both SEA and LA: LA's next 2 games are against DET and SEA SEA's next 2 games are against IND and LA SEA be...
-
I saw him yesterday at his press conference. Shanny's ego was on hand. The so called "genius" that passed on Mahomes and Wats...
5 days until vets report
ReplyDeleteLike I said a few days ago. To no fault of his own, Purdy and every 49ers QB is measured by a very high bar. I may be guilty of being spoiled by QB greatness in Montana and Young, who won SB's, but I certainly don't apologize that this is my standard.
ReplyDeletePurdy went to a SB and lost. Jimmy G went to a SB and lost. Both are very good QB's, but again, that does not meet the 49ers QB standard, imho.
If I remember correctly, didn't Purdy go into the fourth quarter with a lead at the 4:00 mark and the defense couldn't hold them. Didn't Purdy give them the lead in OT and once again the defense couldn't hold them. I hear yaw AES, QB standards are high around here and they should be.
DeleteAES,
DeleteMy issue with BP isn't about his SB performance it is that since the SB season he has played poorly most of the time when he comes up against top 7 or so defenses
He played good enough to beat the Seahawks at their house week 1. Was their defense any good? He played pretty good against Fangio's defense in the playoff game last year. I heard they were pretty good too.
DeleteThe offense scored 17 points in the opener. The Eagles were ranked as the 13th ranked total D. Making both good team wins but certainly not over whelming.
DeleteCoach & Razor,
DeleteI hope that my comments on Purdy aren't misconstrued. I really like BP, he is "that guy" and his stats bare that out. The 49ers win as a team and they lose as a team.
In the 1990 NFC championship game against the NYG' the 49ers were leading the Giants with around 3 minutes left in the game. At that point Roger Craig' fumbled and allowed the NYG's to kick the game winning field goal. After the game 49ers teammates stood-up for Craig and said they win as a team and lose as a team.
Sure, BP gave the 49ers a lead in the SB. But I'll stand with the 1990 NFC championship game mantra that you win and lose as a team.
Actually the fumble was the result of the G whiffing on a block. I agree with you also you win and lose as a team and if the 49ers put a more effective run blocking O line in front of BP I think he would be much better against the top Ds
DeleteLowest pressure-to-sack rate during 2025 season (min. 100 pressured dropbacks)
ReplyDeleteBrock Purdy: 9.9%
Bo Nix: 11.2%
Jordan Love: 11.8%
Caleb Williams: 12.0%
Joe Flacco: 12.8%
Matthew Stafford: 13.4%
Bryce Young: 13.8%
Dak Prescott: 14.4%
Comeback Kings:
ReplyDeletebest QBs when losing in the 2nd half
1. Matthew Stafford (+0.45)
2. Jordan Love (+0.31)
3. Bo Nix (+0.28)
4. Josh Allen (+0.28)
5. Caleb Williams (+0.27)
6. Brock Purdy (+0.22)
7. Patrick Mahomes (+0.22)
8. Drake Maye (+0.20)
9. Mac Jones (+0.17)
10. Dak Prescott (+0.16)
11. Baker Mayfield (+0.16)
12. Bryce Young (+0.14)
13. Sam Darnold (+0.13)
14. Tyler Shough (+0.10)
15. Justin Fields (+0.10)
16. Aaron Rodgers (+0.09)
17. Geno Smith (+0.07)
18. Michael Penix Jr. (+0.06)
19. Lamar Jackson (+0.06)
20. Jacoby Brissett (+0.04)
21. Jared Goff (+0.04)
22. Trevor Lawrence (+0.03)
23. Justin Herbert (+0.02)
24. Jalen Hurts (+0.01)
25. Jaxson Dart (0.00)
26. Daniel Jones (-0.03)
27. Marcus Mariota (-0.05)
28. Joe Burrow (-0.05)
29. Tua Tagovailoa (-0.06)
30. Spencer Rattler (-0.06)
31. Kirk Cousins (-0.12)
32. Joe Flacco (-0.13)
33. Cam Ward (-0.19)
34. C.J. Stroud (-0.25)
35. Shedeur Sanders (-0.31)
36. J.J. McCarthy (-0.40)
*2025 regular season, ranked by EPA/dropback
Does anyone have any idea what the rookies do this week? Are the primarily doing conditioning? Are they out on the field doing football drills. Are they mostly in the classroom?
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing all the above. Physical testing and evaluation, classroom, position drills.
DeleteAside from players health during 9er training camp, I'm focusing on who starts at L-OG, Safety and RB#2...Anyone have another position?
ReplyDelete